1 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs chicken breasts (3-4)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 oz sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and sear until golden (about 4 minutes per side).
2. Transfer chicken to a plate, and set aside
3. Return skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in
thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in sundried tomatoes, spinach,
and parmesan cheese.
5. Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken breasts. Place in
the oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through – about 15 minutes, or
until it reaches 165F internal temperature.
6. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, if so desired.