- 1 pack puff pastry sheet
- 50g butter
- 50g soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 green apples, cored, sliced thin
- 1 zest of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a 22cm, loose-bottomed round tin.
- Unroll the sheet of the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out a circle the same size as the tin.
- Add the butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan and melt down and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour this mixture onto the lined base of the tin. Top with the sliced apples, then sprinkle over the lemon zest.
- Place the pastry cut-out on top of the apple slices, tuck the edges neatly inside the tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the bottom from the tin and place your serving dish on top of the pastry, carefully turn it upside down and peel off the baking paper from the top.
- Slice and serve!