• 4 1/2 cups butternut squash (2 medium sized) or pumpkin – peeled, deseeded and chopped into rough cubes
• 1 cup sweet potato (1 medium), peeled and roughly cubed
• 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 medium onion, roughly diced
• 3/4 cup coconut milk
• 2 tsps fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1 – 2 tsps cayenne pepper, optional
• 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste, optional fix you want an extra kick!
• Salt and pepper
• Coriander, finely chopped
- Place the squash (or pumpkin) sweet potato, onion, ginger, garlic and stock in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours until vegetables soft and cooked through.
- Add coconut milk and spices and blend together and heat up gently.
- Season to taste and stir in the coriander.
- Garnish with a swirl of coconut milk or yoghurt if you like, seeds and slices of fresh chilli if you dare!