• 6 chicken thighs and 6 chicken drumsticks
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp cider vinegar
• 4 tbsp light brown soft sugar
• 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
• 75ml apple juice
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. If you prefer to cook your chicken prior to cooking on
the BBQ, Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the
chicken in a roasting tin, season with a bit of salt and
cook for 40 mins or until cooked through.
2. Put the sauce ingredients in a pan and bring to a
simmer, then keep cooking until it thickens a little.
3. Heat a barbecue until the coals are glowing white-hot,
or just turn it on. Brush the chicken pieces all over
with the sauce and barbecue them on each side until
they are browned and sticky, then brush once more
with the sauce.