- 100g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 75g light, soft brown sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
1. Grease and line a square or rectangular baking tin, preheat the oven to 180° degrees (fan).
2. Place the butter, sugars, chocolate and syrup in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat gently until it’s completely melted and smooth, stirring continuously.
3. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl to cool.
4. Beat together eggs and vanilla extract, then whisk in the cooled chocolate mix.
5. Sieve together the flour, cocoa and baking powder and fold carefully into the chocolate mix.
6. Spoon the mixture into your greased tins and bake for 45-60 minutes.
6. Leave to cool, and enjoy!