- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 350g beef short rib
- 1 tablespoon oil – vegetable or rapeseed
- 1 small sweet potato – peeled into ribbons
- 1 small handful Mange-tout – finely sliced – or however many you fancy
- 1 small red onion – finely sliced
- 1 med carrot, grated
- 500ml chicken stock
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- Straight to wok noodles – 1 packet serves 2
- Pea shoots to garnish
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees fan, GM 1 or 130 degrees C
- Mix soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of water and a good pinch of salt in a roasting tin.
- Add meat and coat – cover tightly with foil and roast for 5 hours – baste every hour. When your meat is ready, set aside.
- Heat the chicken stock and add a pinch of chilli flakes and simmer gently.
- Heat the oil in a wok – stir fry the sweet potato, mange tout, red onion and carrot for a few minutes. Set aside
- Add the noodles to your wok and cook, this should take a few minutes.
- Add the stock to 2 serving bowls – place the noodles in the stock and stir in.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables, lay the beef on the top and add pea shoots to garnish.